Late Summer in Cornwall
23rd September to 27th September, St Mawes
Four unforgettable days in the company of like-minded women exploring the Cornwall of Daphne du Maurier from our base in the chic fishing village of St Mawes.
How would you like to celebrate the end of the Summer after the children have returned to school and everyone is back at work? A time when the beaches are quieter and the sweet little lanes more peaceful?
How would you like to spend four relaxing days in beautiful Cornwall? To immerse yourself in a little pocket of the South Coast of England where the glamour of 1920s French Riviera happily cosies up to the enigmatic world of Daphne du Maurier? A stylish place where Breton shirts are en point and rosé wine is the thing to drink?
I’m thrilled to tell you that my first ever Bleak House Experience in Cornwall is now open for booking. I’ve found the most incredible places and I can’t wait to take you there. I have designed this immersive and enchanting experience to show you some of the wonders of this utterly gorgeous part of England and to give you the time, space and stimulation to return home refreshed and inspired, having made new friends and special memories.
I have carefully planned this brand new Experience to show you the very best of Cornwall, from delicious seasonal food and fantastic local wines, to gorgeous houses and pretty sub-tropical gardens. We’ll walk the gorgeous coastline to a little church set it in its own idyllic slice of heaven and take trip on little boats to explore the tributaries so atmospherically described in Frenchman’s Creek. We’ll discover thatched cottages by the sea and swim in the turquoise waters. We’ll eat incredible food everywhere from ramshackle beach huts to one of the loveliest dining rooms in Cornwall.
This signature Experience gives you the chance to reward your hard work, find some space in your life and make some new, inspiring friends. This is an opportunity for you to treat yourself to the most wonderful adventure and spend a few days with women just like you. There will be wonder, fun, joy and laughter and the chance to forge lifelong friendships.
If you have a chance to join one of the Bleak House Experiences, run, don’t walk to your computer to plan it. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and see how Annabel can accommodate you. She will definitely be the most gracious hostess.
Amy HoyeVirginia, USA
Step out of your busy life for a few days
Bleak House Experiences are chance to step away from your everyday life and see the world from a different perspective. You will return home refreshed and invigorated. The trip is designed to allow plenty of breathing space to unwind, relax and enjoy our lovely house, as well as inspiring trips out to soak up the beauty and atmosphere of this enchanting part of the world.
You can just relax, knowing every detail has been taken care of and that everything will be of the absolute highest quality. All you’ll need to decide is whether to have a glass of gin and tonic or a Seedlip and tonic before dinner, and whether to retire early to bed or have a glass of wine by the fireside with a new friend.
About this Experience
This is a luxury, all-inclusive experience and has been designed to allow you to have a break from the overwhelm of decision making in everyday life. We’ve taken care of pretty much everything so you can focus on relaxing and enjoying yourself.
With my expertise and attention to detail, everything on this trip will be to the highest standard and all you have to think about is whether to take a wander along the beach, read your book in a comfortable armchair or take a nap. Every meal, every drink and every excursion is included in this trip, there is nothing to pay for once you arrive.
Our home for the week
We will be staying at a gorgeous Victorian villa on the front at chic St Mawes. With amazing views of the sea from the veranda and a huge magnolia tree outside, and calm, antique-filled rooms, it’s the coastal home you wish you owned yourself.
In our home we will be looked after by Bevan, a country house butler who will be cooking for us all week. Within a few minutes of meeting you Bevan will know not only your name but what you like champagne, Seedlip or gin and tonic before dinner and whether you prefer croissants or a bacon sandwich to start the day. It’s a really chance for you to take a break from looking after your family and have someone take care you of you.
- All activities & excursions, including trips to beautiful sub-tropical gardens, coastal walks and some fun maritime adventures.
- Accommodation in a gorgeous home with sea views, right opposite a fantastic swimming beach. Choose from single occupancy or share a twin room (see note, below). Book with a friend, or if you prefer, we will match you up with a fellow guest.
- All food and drink at mealtimes for the duration of the experience, both at our home and away, including wine with dinner and drinks beforehand.
- All transport during the trip. We will be travelling in style and there are no logistics for you to worry about.
- .Transfers to and from Truro railway station on specified trains (we will let you know after booking which train to book).
- My expertise & knowledge of the local area combined with my eye for quality and high standards will ensure everything we do on the trip will be immaculate.
- Four inspiring days to recharge, unwind, make new friends and immerse yourself in beautiful surroundings.
What’s not included
- Your transport to Cornwall. You can arrive by car or, if you prefer, by train to Truro where we will meet a specified train from London Paddington (to be confirmed on booking). Truro is four hours direct from London Paddington. We advise booking your tickets as soon as we confirm the trains to catch to get the best prices for train travel. If you cannot make the specified train, you can catch a taxi from Truro which is around a forty minute drive to St Mawes.
- Additional drinks and food outside of those provided at mealtimes. It is highly unlikely that you will need these as we will be eating heartily and there will be plenty of wine and other drinks.
- Making decisions this experience is designed to give you a break from making decisions and having to do the endless and exhausting research that holidays often entail. You can relax, knowing everything we have chosen is of the highest quality and chosen with style, beauty and enjoyment in mind.
- Crowds, noise, bustle and stress. In September Cornwall is quiet, relaxing and serene.
‘The effects of being away from London, work, and everything else really surprised me. Having no decisions to make, other than whether you want to go for a walk or read a book by fire, really puts everything in perspective, and meeting new people gives you new perspectives. I came back to London with so much energy and clarity.
Booking & Prices
There are just seven places available for this inspirational experience. To secure your place, simply decide whether you’d like to share a twin room or treat yourself to a room of your own. For this Experience we will be staying in a gorgeous home in St Mawes. Most of the bedrooms share bathrooms and the wardrobe size, view and decor will vary between rooms.
|Shared Room: £1,750||Small Double Room: £1,900||Large Double Room: £2,050|
Late Summer in Cornwall
Four magical days and four nights on luxury, all-inclusive women only retreat in a beautiful and inspiring part of Cornwall
Terms of booking
It is very important than you understand the terms of booking before you book a place. Please read the following carefully.
My Bleak House Experiences often sell out quickly. As there are only a very small number of places available please only book if you are serious about coming as otherwise it prevents someone else from booking a place.
Because of the complexities of planning this Experience, we are unable to offer refunds for cancelled places under any circumstances. We encourage you to have a valid travel insurance. Please note that this policy applies even if I fill your place.
I do of course understand that sometimes events happen that may mean you are unable to attend. If this should occur, you are welcome to find someone to take your place. The change of guest must however be done through me and will be subject to a £150 admin fee. Please contact me in the first instance if you are unable to attend.
We cannot be held liable for situations beyond our control, including (but not limited to) acts of war, acts of God, threats or acts of terrorism, civil unrest or unforeseen personal circumstances. We also can’t offer refunds for illness, trains or traffic delays or any other circumstances. Please make sure you have adequate insurance in place to cover for this.
Please ensure you have adequate travel insurance in place for your trip.
Cancellation on Our Part
If we need to cancel this Experience, we will refund the money you have paid so far. We cannot be held responsible for other costs, such as train tickets, or any other incidentals and strongly recommend you have insurance in place to cover this.
All meals are provided and include pre-dinner drinks as well as a generous amount of wine with dinner. Should you choose to have different or additional drinks you will need to settle these separately any restaurants we visit.
It was the highlight of my year. So much fun and so relaxing. I enjoyed it enormously. Thank you Annabel.
The Bleak House Experience
These notes from our previous Experiences will give you a good idea of what to expect on an enchanting Bleak House Experience.
[slick-carousel-slider design=”prodesign-11″ loop=”true” slidestoshow=”3″ image_size=”large” show_content=”true” read_more_text=”Read more” centermode=”true” dots=”false” category=”63″ autoplay=”false” fade=”false” sliderheight=”” arrow_design=”design-1″ orderby=”menu_order” order=”asc”]
Our Experiences are designed to show you the most beautiful and interesting parts of the UK, from windswept beaches to country houses, glamorous hotels to tumbledown beach shacks, sub-tropical gardens and secret London walks.